Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

HOTTT New Music! Toya Alexis ft. JLogix – Dope Girl!



Not afraid of approaching different genres, Toronto’s JLogix (Dancehall) teams with Toya Alexis (R&B) for a collaboration called “Dope Girl!”

The focus of this song is not so much the music, but the artsts bravery in approaching an issue that many people are involved with, or know people to be involved with.  What is that issue?!  An affair, in particular, the part of the affair where the female wants to be more than the woman on the side, and feels a promotion is deserved to the role of Wife.

What does a dude do when things get to that point?!  JLogix gives the answer that is not necessarily what his chick wants to hear.  Her response to his response is equally as interesting! 

She says:  “you know what I’m gonna say is true / it’s coming straight from my heart / boo / has everything to do with you / first let me start by saying baby I love you / and it’s breaking my heart to have to step to you this way / but still I hold my head up high as I say / that I’m sick and tired of being / your lady on the side ….” 

He says:  “I treat you like a Queen what is this right now cho / yuh hit me like a brick with this flip right now / yuh getting caught up like a zit right now / and hit me real hard with this smit like sound ….” 

Oh boy … here we go!
 
P.S.  This is  Soundsmith Production!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment