Search This Blog

Friday, March 28, 2014

Lesson from my Granny...



By example, my Grandmother has been my greatest financial adviser.  Though she was married to my Grandfather who held a well respected and well paying job, Granny always had her own.  Living in the most rural part of Trinidad where running water, electricity and certain needs were scarce, Granny made sure that she fulfilled the needs of local residents.  As one of the few people who had a refrigerator and freezer, she sold ice.  Having one of the biggest lime trees, she sold lime, having corn fields, she sold corn, having chickens, she sold eggs, and even sold friend chicken on the weekends.  As she made her sales (ranging from $0.25 to $1.00), she stored her money in a box … let’s call it a shoe box.  At the end of the week, she gave her grand kids $0.25 for keeping her supplies organized and for doing general work to assist with her business.  At the end of the week Granny had a handsome profit.  By the end of the year, Granny’s shoe box was extremely healthy, causing her to be independent while being married to Granddad. 

Ladies, whatever resources you have around you, combine them with the talents that you have been blessed with and build your financial empire and don’t be shy about it either.  
 

I have been blessed to have incredible women in my life who have set examples that I follow to this day.  I have recently met some phenomenal women who have inspired me using their talents being Dr. Cheryl Hill, Kay Cunningham, Song River, Jenn Menn, Tilsa Wright and so many others.

If you are in Silver Springs Maryland (March 29th, 2014), make sure you attend the Marketplace Meeting conference hosted by Dr. Cheryl Hill.  This event will positively change your life, and will help you synchronize all of the loose ends around you, and channel them in to one direction to make you unstoppable!  I have never given bad advice, and I won’t start now.  Trust me … Dr. Hill will unlock your doors!  #LoveYou!

No comments:

Post a Comment