Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Cee Lo Green - No Voice But ... Will Tour!

We spoke to Aaron Couch who has the inside scoop and tells us Cee Lo Green is leaving his spinning judge's chair behind. The producer and recording artist said he will not return to NBC's The Voice, telling Ellen DeGeneres in an interview airing Wednesday, "I'm not coming back, guys."


"I’m going to continue my relationship with NBC. I have a television show development deal with them as well and hopefully some other talk show opportunities for later in the year," Green said in the interview. "But yeah, I’m going to miss The Voice, too."

Green taped the interview for The Ellen DeGeneres Show alongside Lionel Richie, whom he is joining on an upcoming tour they've dubbed All the Hits All Night Long.

"I just want to … I don’t want to wear out my welcome there," Green continued. "You know what I’m saying? I have so many other things that I want to do. I haven't released an album in four years. I’m almost done with my album." 


In a statement released Wednesday, Green confirmed that he wouldn't be returning as a coach for the seventh season of The Voice, adding that it was an amicable decision he made with NBC and that he's excited to be developing other ideas with the network.

"The Voice has been an immensely enjoyable experience for me and I can only hope I have enriched the lives of our viewers, the contestants, and the many friends I made there," Green said. "I will always be there in spirit. Meanwhile, NBC and I plan to continue our relationship with several new co-ventures including a new music show, while we also explore our ideas for me to create and host a new show of my own. I will not go quietly into the night... expect more great music and entertainment done in my own unique unmistakable and undeniable way. The Voice has given me all the altitude and incentive to do just that. Thanks for the memories and make way for many more!"

NBC's president of alternative and late-night programming Paul Telegdy added in a separate statement: "Cee Lo Green has been an instrumental part of the success of The Voice, and we deeply appreciate all his contributions. We’re looking forward to working with him on other upcoming projects that will tap into both his musical and entertainment expertise."

No comments:

Post a Comment