Search This Blog

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Akon Teams with Stephen Marley - Just a Man!

Update:  Monday January 5th, 2015 ... I just received word from Team Akon that "Just a Man" features Stephen Marley and not Damian Marley.  The song was mis-labeled when sent.  Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused!  This post has been edited for proper credit!


Akon’s relationship with Reggae goes as far back as his musical career.  The truth is, he has always been inspired by Reggae, and, has always incorporated elements of the worlds beloved genre in his music.  One of the artists greatest crossover hit records, “Mama Africa,” produced and co-written by Jamaica’s own Bobby Digital-B Dixon and Paul ‘Computer Paul’ Henton helped seal Akon’s fate with Reggae.  Fast Forward to 2015!

Teaming with Stephen Marley, Akon has released a new single which is a part of his 5 disc forthcoming album called Stadium.  The single, entitled “Just a Man,” hears the artist understand where the woman he loves is coming from:  a place of wanting genuine love from her man.  Akon answers the call with a little help from Jr. Gong singing “I beat you to the punchline girl I love you / now what we / what we gone do / I mean it when I really say I love you / whatever they did I will not do… I’m just a man / trying to love you.”

Jr. Gong adds support to the message by DJing:  “your walls are so impossible I’m tired / as I’m climbing / they keep on multiplying / and every time we progress / we regress in your stress / all I wanna know / is why you can’t let it go….”

There are so many men in the world who want to love a special woman but due to her previous experiences, she makes it very hard.  This is the issue that Akon addresses so ladies pay attention!

Check out this very Reggae chune with a sweet bass line at the links below and make sure you tell Akon and Jr. Gong what you think via Twitter >>> @Akon | @stephenmarley

P.S.  The album Stadium will be released soon and comes in 5 discs:  Electronica / EDM, Pop, World, Urban and Island.  I've previewed a few tracks and can absolutely tell you you'll love it.  




No comments:

Post a Comment