Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Except for Sister Nancy’s Bam Bam - Much Ado About Nothing!

I finally got around to seeing the movie The Interview (yes I know, I’m so late) and I have to tell you, it’s funny as frig.  I don’t know what was more funny:  2 white men speaking urban slang throughout the flick, or the humor in the plot of two white men infiltrating North Korea to kill dictator Kim Jung Un at his invitation.   I’ll leave that at a tossup.   

What is not a tossup are legitimate questions as to why this movie is so bothersome to North Korea.  Could it be they don’t want their leader to be perceived as being a potential feeling human being?  Maybe they don’t want the world to know that some of his advisers secretly covet living a non-cold, mundane and non descript life.  Whatever the reason is, it is much ado about nothing.

Some-thing, is hearing Sister Nancy’s voice come through my surround sound theatre system crisp and clear singing “ting called ah bam bam / request to all Jamaica / inna different style and fashion….”  What?!  Old school Dancehall in the movie The Interview?!  Yes my friends it’s true … and the build up to her audio arrival is amazing.  You have to see it / hear it at the 1:20 (1 hour and 20 minute) marker.

Perhaps North Korea doesn’t want the world to know that they LOVE Reggae and Dancehall and Kim Jung Un listens to it when no one is around to hear.  If that’s the case, Mr. Jung Un, it’s ok, I understand.  I’ll arrange a real authentic Dancehall experience for you in North Korea instead of you having 2 minutes in a movie!


Special shout to Vybz Kartel and Major Lazer whose song “Pon De Wall” was also included in the movie soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment