Search This Blog

Sunday, April 7, 2013

HOTTT New Roots Reggae ►►► Khalilah Rose – Your Eyes!



Greetings! 

Although this is a Roots Reggae, riddim, the message is one of love, and it’s delivered by Lioness Khalilah Rose.  The chune is called “Your Eyes” and it must be requested from your favorite radio, mixtape and early warm Dancehall selectors! 

Produced by her home label Ackee & Dumplin Music, and armed with an easy bounce bass line and familiar Roots Reggae drum pattern (the kind where the drum stick hits the rim of the snare) played off the keyboard skank, Khalilah Rose sings “windows to your soul has revealed to me / that you / want me to be yours / but it frightens me / I know you conspire / to set me on fire / with desire / no I’m not taking a next glance ….”  Pow! 

Khlailah goes on to explain that when she looks in the young man’s eyes, his soul speaks to her and that is too much to handle.  Mercy!  Talk about great lyrics joined with great musical composition!
P.S.  Connect with Team Khalilah on Twitter >>>
 
Click on the image to listen to the chune!
 

 
 

1 comment: